January 01 2006
29th Jayanti Celebrations
Today, 01st January 2006 marks one of the most significant days in the history of KAILASA and the global Hindu Diaspora. It is the 3rd Anniversary of the official inauguration of the KAILASA Enlightenment Ecosystem in ADI KAILASA at Bengaluru, Karnataka, South India. Mission Day, as it is also referred to, brings with it another very auspicious occasion; the 29th Jayanti (birthday) of The Supreme Pontiff of Hinduism, Jagatguru Mahasannidhanam, His Divine Holiness Bhagavan Nithyananda Paramashivam. For this landmark occasion, devotees from all over the world took part in the celebrations which started the day prior which consisted of a small procession along with rituals.
On this day, several celebratory activities were held filling the atmosphere with much devotion, joy, bliss, music and dance. A beautiful musical and joyous procession took place where the SPH along with several devotees, walked from His living quarters in Bengaluru Aadheenam, to the sacred Banyan tree under which is seated Sri Ananda Eashwar, the deity of Lord Dakshinamurti, as they held the flags of the 21 countries in which Dhyanapeetam has a presence. The SPH offered arati to Lord Dakshinamurti. Other offerings and sevas such as Pratyaksha Pada Puja were performed by devotees and Brahmacharis of the Nithyananda Order.
As part of the Jayanti celebrations this year, the SPH led the fire-walking ritual where He himself walked over the bed of coals along with several other devotees. At the public function which was held later in the day the SPH received several dignitaries, spiritual heads, specially invited guests guiding them through the stalls put up by devotees, displaying main events and activities carried out over the years across various parts of the world. The SPH released several publications as well gifting the newly published books to the two spiritual heads (Swamis) as part of the official release.
The day concluded with a foundation stone laying ceremony of the ashrams in Los Angeles (USA), Guadeloupe (French West Indies) and Thiruvannamalai (South India) with the official one year inauguration of the one year residential programme Ananda Yogam for youth aged between 18 and 30. The celebrations concluded with addresses by the dignitaries praising the SPH for all His good work.
Event Schedule for the Day
1. Sri Sri Sri Sivapuri Maha Swamiji of the Omkarashrama Mahasamsthana 2. Sri Sri Sri Balagangadharanatha Maha Swamiji of the Adi Chunchanagiri Mahasamsthana Math
Video and Audio
Number of lives Enriched & Enreached
Declaration of Policies/Initiatives
As part of the Jayanti message,The Supreme Pontiff of Hinduism declared the following:
• Dhyanapeetam will henceforth be called Dhyanapeeta Mahasamsthana.
• The new throne on which Swamiji sat for the first time on this day will be called as Dhyanapeeta Mahasamsthana Simhasana.
• Swamiji's words, body language, techniques and all his expressions will be referred to as Nithyanandam.
• World over there will be formations of Ananda Samajs (Blissful communities) where people come together and live life in tune with Swamiji's teachings and message of bliss.
• The word of greeting amidst people of the Nithyananda family will be Nithyanandam which means 'Eternal bliss'. This greeting will help put people constantly on the path of Eternal Bliss.
• Inauguration of ashrams in Los Angeles, Guadeloupe and Thiruvannamalai.
• Start of the one-year residential course - Ananda Yogam - a free self-development course for youth aged between 18 and 30.
• Start of the construction of the Nithyanandeshwara Paramashiva Golden temple in the sacred banyan tree area, the Nithya Anna Mandir - Food temple and Anandapuri - Quarters for residents.