Harnessing the energy of Existence is Shakti Dharana.
This technique is taken from Tantra Shastra (Kulaarnava Tantra*). It is a beautiful technique to relate with the Existential energy.
Kulaarnava Tantra: Ancient literature said to be authored by Shiva.
Choose a cool, dark room with enough ventilation. If you choose, you can practise in a private space outdoors.
- 1) Kneel on the ground. Don't sit on your haunches. Use a mat if it helps you feel more comfortable. This meditation tremendously improves energy circulation in the body.
- 2) Raise yourself up on your knees, and raise both your arms towards the sky. Turn your face skyward and wait.
- 3) In this position, feel the Existential energy flow through you. Visualize that a light-beam of Existence is flowing through you. To start with, you can visualize the blissful face of any enlightened master.
(Just as a miser is at the peak of his energy when counting money or a lover is at the peak of his energy when he is with his beloved, so also a master is at the peak of his energy when laughing or smiling. )
In a moment, you will feel the energy of Existence pouring into you.
- 4) Be unresisting. Let the energy enter into you.
As the energy of Existence flows down your arms, you will feel a tingling sensation, a gentle vibration, or a slight tremor in you. It would be as if a tender leaf is dancing in the breeze. Just allow the tremor to happen. Help the tremor, let your whole body vibrate with the energy. Just allow and help whatever happens to happen.You might feel as if the earth below and heaven above are merging, as if the male and female energies are merging. You might feel as if you are floating or merging. Allow any feeling, just drop yourself completely. There is no ‘you’. You have simply dissolved into Existence.
After two or three minutes when you feel that your being is completely filled with the energy of Existence, just drop yourself completely! There is no you. You have simply dissolved into Existence. You become a medium or a passage for the divine energy. When you feel completely saturated, bend down and kiss the earth.
- 5) Bend down, rest on your elbows and forearms, and kiss the earth, or at least let your forehead touch the ground. Stretch out your arms and place your hands, palms downward, on the earth.
You become a medium or a passage for the divine energy that you attracted to unite with the energy of the earth. Allow all your energy to flow into mother Earth. Give all your love to the earth. Feel it flow out from your lips and your palms. Offer your energy to mother Earth in a mood of total surrender. You may visualize the feet of the master when in this posture. It will help to be in a mood of surrender to mother Earth while offering the energy.
- 6)Simply become an instrument carrying the divine energy into the earth. All troubles related to the backbone will simply vanish by doing this meditation, as the maximum energy goes to the muladhara chakra at the base of the spine.
- 7)Repeat this cycle seven times. Each time, each of the seven major chakras is energized. If you repeat it more than seven times, you may feel over-energized and restless.
- 8)After completing the meditation, you may go to sleep in the same meditative mood.
This meditation tremendously improves energy circulation in the body. All troubles related to the backbone will simply vanish by doing this meditation, as the energy goes straight to the muladhara chakra, an energy center which is at the base of the spine.
The sleep that follows this meditation will be intense and dreamless. When you wake up the next morning you will experience great freshness and energy.You will feel refreshed and revitalized.
This is a very powerful technique. When done consistently, a new life, a new meaning, a new Truth will start flowing into you. A beautiful and alive connection between Existence and you will be created. You will experience much joy and each day will become a celebration!
It is ideal to practice this meditation at night just before going to sleep. This can also be done in the morning but it must be followed by at least fifteen minutes of rest, or else you would be in a state of intoxication because of the effect of the meditation. This meditation leads to your merging with the energy of Existence. The importance of Shakti Dharana meditation is that it leads you to the threshold of the state of turiya, where you are in a state of total awareness but without thoughts.